A little while ago I posted some progress I made on a DJH 50 class chassis I was building, since then I’ve completed the chassis and assembled the bulk of the body leaving a few little detail parts and piping (really looking forward to this!!!) to complete. There were a few parts for the model I was not very keen on the main ones being the headlight, shunters step and smokebox door.
I was able to get some replacement parts that looked a lot nicer than the supplied parts from Casula Hobbies during my latest trip down to Canberra, those being a Classic brass shunters step, Ozzy brass loco headlight and a Kerroby models smoke box door handle. The original smoke box door handle I used previously on a 53 class kit never looked right, and when compared to the Data sheet it proved that I was right and it was under scale for the later versions of the loco but is fine for the earlier and flatter smoke box doors.
Anyway now i guess I will need to get the motivation to do all the pipes and hand rails then fit a decoder and stay alive into the tender!